Tuesday 29 May 2012

POEM: 'A BOUQUET OF (NEU)ROSES' / AN EXPERIMENT IN TIME & PRECOGNITIVE DREAMING


A BOUQUET OF (NEU)ROSES /
AN EXPERIMENT WITH TIME
AND PRECOGNITIVE DREAMING
(with two lines sampled from Brian Aldiss
 ‘SHAPE OF FURTHER THINGS’ 1970)


how wonderful it must be
on Mars tonight,
I mean now, at 02:15...

through bursts of silence
I feel sciences that
as yet have no name,
I feel them through
the pulses of my
nervous system...

from here, I can smell
orchids on Venus, and
dream photographs of
ultimate strange devices
rising from the wells
of buried cities, hear
the shadow prowlers
of the singing void
and sense the
enchanted sleepers
in their metal moon...

I get this far
and my visions fail,
but how wonderful to be
on Syrtis Major tonight
while they invent songs
that resemble fragments
of darkness, that smell
of gasoline
and napalm...

and dream
that tomorrow
we’ll watch the
snowfall on Saturn...


Published in:
‘ICE RIVER no.6’ (USA - March 1990)
‘EASTERN RAINBOW no.1’ (UK - July 1992)
‘A RIOT OF EMOTIONS: DARK DIAMOND no.4’ (UK - January 1994)
‘HANDSHAKE no.52’ (UK – May 2003)
‘LEEDS POETRY WEEKLY no.18’ (UK – June 2003)

1 comment:

The` Htut Win said...

I like this blog so that’s why this blog sure nice 